Friday, July 24, 2009

Self Portrait

"My challenge to you, should you choose to accept it, is to post of picture of yourself without makeup and without your hair styled." See more here.


I like the laundry basket in the background. Completely unintentional but very representative of my life right now.

I've got a wierd poofy hair thing happening this morning, due to wearing a headband all day yesterday. No concealer to cover up those big purple bags under my eyes. That's the makeup I don't usually let myself be seen without. My youngest has inherited my slightly crooked eyes. I am now finding gray hairs in my eyebrows on a regular basis. I have no idea how much gray is on my head, I haven't had my natural color since high school. I'm in the process of growing it out and am sooooo in hate with it right now. I'm about one bad hair day away from cutting it all off again. I need someone to talk me down from the precipice.

Yes, folks, at 36, it's not pretty. But it's beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I think you look lovely and youthful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always! I'll post a post-work pic to facebook for your enjoyment. Caps and respirators do interesting things to my hair!

    ReplyDelete