Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scheduling our Time

My husband recently took on a fellowship on Capitol Hill, and he is getting home two hours later each evening. I was starting to feel like I was drowning in housework, behind in schoolwork and frustrated with the bickering between my kids and me at the end of every day. So I ordered Managers of Their Homes scheduling system and have been working through it over the past week.

I have read through the book, and I have made my first trial run schedule.

We have been following the morning part of it for three days and I already feel like I'm accomplishing a ton. I'm caught up on dishes and laundry, I've been able to get school done each day and work on some household organizational tasks.

I like the very visual system. I like that I can spend two weeks adjusting here and there as I see what's working and what's not. Updates soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on my family schedule, too. I'm trying to see what we are doing and when and then fitting in the stuff that we aren't doing in our "free" time. But creating the schedule is the easy part. The hard part is getting folks to actually follow it! Keep us updated on how your schedule is going. Tisha

    ReplyDelete