Monday, August 3, 2009

My Quilting Space(s)

I've spent the last several months getting my sewing supplies and fabric stash organized. After setting up our homeschool classroom, we have a big chunk of our bedroom back because we moved the huge computer desk into the classroom.

My darling hubby installed some shelves in a hall closet that was drastically under-utilized. I organized all my fabric by color/style.
I have all my supplies sorted in bins in the closet in our bedroom where I sew.

I also have two bins of garment fabric, two big boxes of scraps, and my old (now emergency backup) sewing machine in this closet.

Here is my updated sewing space.
It has nice afternoon light, which is when I do most of my sewing these days. I have a small three drawer bin with thread and basic supplies on the sewing table. I may get another folding table and form a corner there so I don't have to move stuff on the sewing table to use my cutting board. It's not huge or fancy, but it's so important to me to have a devoted space so I can sit down and sew whenever I have a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment